> Image Map

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Don't Stop


Source for pictures: LifeChurch.TV
 
These past two weeks Steven Furtick was the guest speaker at my church, LifeChurch.TV, and the minute I found out I could not wait for Sunday! I love this man, he is such a great speaker and man of God. I remember the very first time I heard him speak at Life Church about nine years ago and I loved him as much then as I do now. I also love Christine Cane also but Steven is pretty parallel on my love for guest speakers. Anyways, moving on from confessing my love.

Steven did a two part series at Life and this first part  "Don't Stop on Six" was over not giving up cause you don’t know, you could almost be there! This message really spoke to me as I have been so close to giving up on a few parts and situations in my life but what if I am on “lap six?” Steven told the story of Jericho and how the wall collapsed on the seventh day.

If you haven't heard the story of Jericho I’ll summarize it for you. The town of Jericho was closed off and no one could get in or out because of the Israelites. God told Joshua he was giving him the town of Jericho and if we would march around the city with the armed men for seven days and the wall of the city would collapse.  So, Joshua called upon the army of men and instructed them to be quiet and march around the city. These men had no idea how long they would be walking, they had to rely on the promise of our Lord. These men walked day in and day out in silence. On the seventh day the trumpets blew and the wall collapsed!

Steven told this story so that we could relate in the way that these brave men never gave up. They may not have known when the wall would fall but they knew it would. Just like you and I. We may not know when our situation will get better but God promises it will. He gave us three reasons why most of us fall short and give up when we could have been on our “lap” six and never knew it!

“You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.” Hebrews 10:36

Our perspective gets blocked. Our progress isn’t always obvious. The process is open-ended.
There isn't a clock for our dreams or prayers because I believe God wants us to believe in his promise. This might be your last lap, you're so close, don't give up!

The second part of Steven's Don't Stop series was titled "It will Happen." In hopes that we don't give up because it will happen with God and his promise. The outcome is God's responsibility but the obedience is ours. I'm asking myself "Will I steer by my success or will I steer by my spirit?" It is sometimes so hard for me to remember not to go off how well or not well I've done and to be lead by his spirit not my success.


Just keep moving forward and it will happen! "So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me." Acts 27: 25

I'm praying for those as well as myself that are almost at the point of turning around and giving it all up. Keep moving forward, it might be your lap six! It will happen!

You can watch both series at LifeChurch.TV here.

 
 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment