> Image Map

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pasta Alla Vodka

Back in January I visited an Italian restaurant while in Salt Lake City and enjoyed a delicious dinner. I had the vodka cream pasta and after that I knew I wanted to try my hand at this in my own kitchen. I found the Pioneer Women's recipe that sounded absolutely amazing and recently gave it a go.
 
 
 
Ingredients
 
1 pound Pasta (I used cheese tortellini)  
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 whole Medium Onion, Chopped Finely
2 cloves (to 3 Cloves) Garlic, Chopped
3/4 cups (to 1 Cup) Vodka
1 can (About 14 Oz.) Tomato Puree
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 teaspoon (to 1/2 Teaspoon) Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese











Directions

Cook pasta according to package directions, being careful not to overcook.
In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and butter. When butter is melted, add in chopped onion and garlic. Stir and allow to cook for two minutes. Pour in vodka. Stir and cook for three minutes. Add in tomato puree and stir.
Reduce heat to low and stir in cream. Allow to simmer, being careful not to overheat. Stir in red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water in case sauce is too thick. Add cooked pasta to the sauce, tossing to combine. Splash in a little water if it needs it. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
Pour mixture into large serving bowl. Garnish with more Parmesan cheese.
Eat it out of the serving bowl. Faint. Repeat as needed.



I served this with blackened chicken breasts, recipe here, César salad and of course with a glass of vino. I had shrimp with my pasta in Salt Lake and it was delicious too...but honestly, I get a little scared making shrimp. I tend to always overcook it so I went the safe way. And of course, what would be a good Italian dinner without gelato for dessert? I highly recommend you visit Italy in your own kitchen!
 
Linking up today with Martinis & Bikinis for the Tuesday Recipe Swap!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment