> Image Map

Monday, August 8, 2016

Weekending in Park City

Well hello Monday and hello Miss Southern readers. After apologizing and half promising to be better about posting just two weeks ago...I didn't write a single post last week. Oops! So this week I will try to do better, but no promises. Pssh, I know you guys are just sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for a blog post from me!

Last Thursday afternoon I landed in Salt Lake City, Utah just for a few short hours of having lunch and shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale before we headed to Park City. Pause, can I just say one thing about the sale because I'm sure all you fellow bloggers are SICK of hearing about the NSale like me but but ahhh! We don't have a Nordstrom in Oklahoma so I have been diligently checking the website to see if the last three items I had in my wish list got restocked. After several orders being cancelled of these items because they weren't really in stock I was so excited to try to snag them in store. Welp, flop. Big fat flop! I don't really need the Steve Madden Claara block heels do I? Hope not because I didn't land them this sale and I still might be a little bitter. No Nordstrom you don't win, I'm still not getting a credit card to shop early next year! Ok, rant over.



Like I was saying, Thursday evening we headed to Park City and checked into, not exaggerating, the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. Lucky for me this was the third summer I've stayed at the Montage Deer Valley. I was technically in town for business but knew I would make the best of it. The hotel has a nightly smores and hot cocoa bar that is truly amazing, and Thursday night my boss and I stopped by. Since I'm trying to watch what I eat before our trip to Mexico next month, I resisted. However, I only was able to hold out on Thursday  night, Friday night I gave in and it was the best smores ever! I plan to write a whole post reviewing the Montage later this week, stay tuned and then go stay there, you will LOVE it! 




Friday morning I woke up and got in a quick workout before I had a couple of meetings and email answering to do before a day of exploring Park City. After I was finished working I met by boss for lunch and some shopping. I love strolling downtown PC, Main Street is filled with lots of patio dinning, shopping and sightseeing. Oh and did I mention it was 70 degrees! It was so amazing as we are in the triple digits back here in Oklahoma.




Saturday was mostly spent working, but I couldn't complain because the view was to die for from the boardroom. Saturday afternoon the cyclists riding in Tour of Utah came right by the hotel and I was able to see them fly by! The tour is made up of 150 bikers that peddle their way across Utah in seven days. Each day they ride 101 miles and they close off sections of the mountains as the ride through. It was very interesting to see and learn about. Just a note, if you ever see them and they throw their water bottle out to spectators, this is on purpose. I saw one guy "lose" his bottle and I felt so bad until I was informed it's on purpose. I was waving as one rider rode past only to realize he was waving at his friends behind me...I was definitely a amateur of the Tour of Utah but that's ok, I enjoyed it!






Saturday afternoon we had a few hours in-between the meeting and a dinner meeting and what better way to spend those hours than hiking! I love taking advantage of the trails and beautiful scenery when I'm in town. My boss and I hiked for a couple of hours and experienced some breathtaking views.




 




Early Sunday morning I flew back home to one hundred degree heat, see you next month Park City!

Are you from Utah or are familiar with the Park City area? I would love to hear if any of you have restaurant, hiking or other ideas of things to see when I'm back in town next month.

Image Map

5 comments:

  1. I live in Salt Lake County & am aware of the beauty in Park City. Have you gone into Midway or Heber? Both beautiful. If you haven't been - go there next time you are in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you were working, but from your snaps it looked like a great time!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so pretty :) what a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh I love Park City and the Montage is the BEST hotel! So gorgeous and what a fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete