> Image Map

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Weekend at Sun Valley Resort

If you read my post last Friday you saw that I spent the weekend in Sun Valley, Idaho. This is my third year to visit the Sun Valley Resort for a board retreat and I am not complaining. Sun Valley is a beautiful resort tucked away in the Rocky Mountains in Sun Valley which is located just about two and half hours southeast of Boise. The weather was chilly and mostly rainy and snowy but we did get a few sunny breaks. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a 'celebrity suite' and I stayed in Averell Harriman suite which Mr. Harriman founded the resort in 1935! My suite had two living rooms, three balconies, a fireplace, bedroom, huge bathroom and a kitchenette. All three balconies had beautiful views of the mountains and the resort ice rink.  It was really amazing and I was definitely wishing I had Kyle there with me. The nightly fires were perfect as the temperatures were in the low thirties but it was a shame I was experiencing it alone! 
 
I didn't take hardly any pictures, blogger fail, but I'll share the few I did take. If you ever get a chance to visit Sun Valley, Idaho you must go!
 
 The Sun Valley Lodge {Which is where my suite was located}





View from my bed

View from balcony one

View from balcony two

View from balcony three


On Sunday we drove back to Boise to stay before catching our flight early Monday morning. I asked Karli from September Farm for restaurant recommendations because she has not failed me in the past! Once again she suggest 13th Street Grill and it was delicious! If you are in Boise and looking for a great restaurant, 13th Street is not a let down. 
 
 



 
  Image Map

2 comments:

  1. What a nice place with great views :) So pretty
    Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete