> Image Map

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Best Restaurant Style Steak

A few months ago I came across Christina's post on Carolina Charm for 'The Best Restaurant Steak EVER' and knew it was a must try! Kyle could literally eat steak for every meal of his life and I could take it or leave it and probably would be OK without having it ever again. Since Kyle loves it so much he is typically always the one that fixes us steak. I wanted to surprise him by making this one evening last week and I succeeded! 
When he got home from work and realized I was making steak for dinner he was very pleasantly surprised. I was nervous that I would overcook it since he prefers his steak still mooing and I was anxious about making it in a skillet on the stove top/oven.  
Christina recommended using all fresh ingredients and staying out of your spice cabinet. No problem, I chopped off some of my thyme from my herb garden on the back patio and chopped up some fresh parsley. 
Let me just say this recipe does NOT disappoint...ladies, you will win wife of the year with this one!


 Restaurant Style Steak
From Carolina Charm

Ingredients

•    2 8-ounce Filet Mignon
•    4 teaspoons kosher salt
•    4 teaspoons freshly cracked pepper
•    1 stick butter, softened
•    1 tablespoon olive oil
•    2 cloves garlic, finely diced
•    1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
•    1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
•    1 teaspoon lemon zest

Instructions

1. Mix together half the butter, herbs and lemon zest.  Form into a log and refrigerate.

2. Generously season the filets with salt and pepper, approximately 1 teaspoon of seasoning per side.

3. Heat the remainder of the butter (1/2 stick) and the olive oil in a skillet to a screaming hot temperature. 

4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  

5. In the very hot skillet, sear the filets for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until a nice brown crust has formed. While the steak is searing, continuously spoon the residual butter in the pan on top of the meat.

6. Once both sides are seared, place skillet in oven for about 6-8 minutes for medium rare temperature. Increase time for well done steak.

7. In the last minute of cooking, take the log of compound butter and slice a nice thick piece to place on top. Your steak will be ready when it is approximately 135 degrees in the center, or when you push lightly on the top center of the steak and it gently and slowly bounces back.

Print recipe for Restaurant Style Steak.




To form your butter log just drop it onto a piece of wax paper and form into a log and then twist!




We had leftover butter and you better believe I saved it! Oh my goodness this is mouth watering! Let me know if you try it out, and I also recommend as she did do NOT skip out on fresh ingredients. Everything being fresh made the whole dish and might have made me a steak eater! Ok more than a couple of times a year at least. Enjoy!
 
 
 
Image Map

1 comment:

  1. This looks soon yummy ;) Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete