> Image Map

Friday, May 13, 2016

Five Friday Favorites

Not to rub it in or anything but I took Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off work this week to kind of recoup since I have been almost on the road nonstop the past six weeks. So, I'm finally much more relaxed! I wanted to jump in and share five of my favorites this week!

1: Great Reads



#Struggles is written by my Pastor Craig Groeschel and it is on point! He really goes in-depth regarding all forms of social media. Are we letting it control our lives? How to set boundaries, tips and concerns on what we post as well as what we don't post.

The Good, the bad and the Grace of God by Duck Dynasty stars Jep and Jessica Robertson. This wasn't necessary exactly what I thought it was going to be about but I did like it. We watch the show when we can catch it so it was interesting to know more of their background. The couple went through several trials in their lives and they explain how by the grace of God their marriage is stronger than ever now. 

Has anyone read For the Love by Jen Hatmaker? If so what were your thoughts on it? I think that will be my next read, I love her!

2: Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Pasta- Quick Weeknight Dish


When I was making the week's menu on Sunday I asked Kyle if he wanted to request anything. He asked if I could make some recipe he saw on a Velveeta box for chicken, cheese and broccoli shells. I'm not a huge fan of Velveeta so I found this recipe and it was pretty quick, easy and tasty. I served it with a side of fruit and it was a nice weeknight dish.


3: Straw Tassel Tote





Insert emoji with heart eyes here! I've had my eyes on this tassel tote since it came out a couple of months ago at Target but wasn't sure I really needed it, you know how it goes. My birthday came around and I received a few Target gift cards and this cutie arrived on my doorstep earlier this week. Super ready for the beach!

4: Trader Joe's Finds


Oklahoma just got our first Trader Joe's and I am lucky enough to have it only fifteen minutes from me! I have been trying things from there every time I stop in while I travel to other states but I have been loving be able to buy fresh flowers and perishable items now! I've discovered the sweet potato chips (if I can catch them in stock!) and the corn chili salsa. Oh my goodness, such a yummy snack and healthy(ish)! What are some of your TJ favorites that I should try out??

5: Monkeying Around with the Boys





As I mentioned that I have been off the past three days from work and I am loving every minute of it! I spent part of the day yesterday with my sister-in-law and nephews at the zoo and having lunch. They are too cute and such a blessing to have in my life. I loved spending part of the day with these guys and Randi!

I hope y'all have a great weekend! I have one more Mother's Day celebration with my mom, mother in law and sister in law tomorrow for lunch, can't wait!
 
 
 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment