> Image Map

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Weekend in Ebola Zone

Kyle and I’s two year anniversary was actually while I was gone to Utah a couple weekends ago but since I wasn’t able to be home and I was off work last week I couldn’t think of a better excuse for us to hit the road southbound. We loaded up in the truck and hit the road to Dallas Friday…yes, Ebola zone!

I hold a mad love for the city of Dallas and my husband has been putting me off for a while now about taking a trip down so I was pretty excited….and I may have told him I was going with or without him. First, I feel like you guys should know this story…Kyle is a country down to the roots guy and I’m a I love the city and I love some parts of the country, especially my boots and country music and anything with Southern charm. This being said, he does not love Dallas and two days before our trip planned last summer to visit he SOMEHOW talked me into going to nowhere Oklahoma to go prairie dog hunting…I mean, what?! Seriously?! Yes, it happened . So, I was definitely owed this trip! Anyway, back to this weekend.

Friday evening we got in pretty late so we met one of Kyle’s friends when we got into town for dinner and then headed to our hotel. Saturday morning we spent some time shopping and yes a visit to H&M was made.


We then had lunch on the patio of a restaurant that Tulsa doesn’t have that Kyle loves, Fuzzy’s. We enjoyed lunch, some drinks and watched the first part of the OU/TCU game on the patio. We joked that we should have never left that patio at halftime cause the Sooners then pulled off a big fat loss! BUMMER!

 
That afternoon  we did some more shopping visited the Grapevine Lake and then headed back to our hotel to get ready for dinner. Well, like I said I love Dallas and I had planned for us to have a nice dinner somewhere in Dallas. So, I go curl my hair and change including into heels.

Welllll, my husband does not change and wears his normal Under Armour t-shirt and boots and we ended up driving to Fort Forth to the Stock Yards instead, told you, country boy. Needless to say, it was a lot of fun still but was not a fancy dinner in Dallas and I was the only girl not in my boots. We had dinner, did some shopping, visited a small saloon and “played” pool then headed back to Dallas.



 
 
Sunday, we shopped and ate some more and then headed back home that night. It was nice to get out of town and not for work for me and to just be in Dallas. And no, we did not get Ebola. Oh and I bought a new Kate Spade bag that I’m so in love with! Thanks Dallas, we had fun!
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment