> Image Map

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Dip

I have a new favorite fall treat this year, pumpkin spice dip. Oh my word, it is delicious and a must try! I got the recipe from Christina from North Carolina Charm after she said it was one one we'd definitely want to try out and she was not kidding! Y'all, it is THAT good. 


I made this for our girl's night last weekend and it was a huge hit! I served mine with graham crackers, ginger snaps and vanilla wafers. The recipe makes a large bowl full so I've been snacking on it this week with apple slices. 

Ingredients
 
Pumpkin Spice Dip
 
Ingredients:
1- 15 oz can of pumpkin 
1- 5 oz box of instant vanilla pudding {just the powder, don't make the pudding}
1- 16 oz container of cool whip  {low fat can be used}
1- Small pumpkin
1/2 tbl Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tbl Cinnamon

Directions:
Mix pumpkin, pudding mix, cool whip, and pumpkin pie spice together {by hand} in a very large bowl. Chill for several hours before serving. Meanwhile, carve your pumpkin! Sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve with fresh apples slices, vanilla wafers, graham crackers or ginger snaps.

 

A word of advice, do not try and serve your dip in a "pumpkin pie pumpkin". I, of course, waited until the last minute to run and get my pumpkin and the store was out of all small pumpkins besides the pie ones. I, not knowing, just thought the only difference must be that they weren't near as pretty as regular pumpkins. I got it home and twenty minutes before our party was trying to cut the top to make my "bowl" and it was VERY hard. I had to ask Kyle to come in and take over and he was literally sawing it open. He knew I would've been let down if my dip wasn't presented cutely, thanks dear!

Trust me and go ahead and whip yourself some up, you won't regret it. I'm thinking I will make a batch to fill small mason jars full to give has "Happy Fall" treats for family and friends. And maybe another batch to just keep in my fridge all season...don't judge me. Happy Fall y'all, enjoy!

{Recipe found here}
  
 
 
Image Map

1 comment:

  1. Oh YUM, I love pumpkin dip! I made some similar to this last year and it was SO addictive!

    ReplyDelete