> Image Map

Friday, November 18, 2016

Five on Friday: Favorite Thanksgiving Dishes, Desserts & Drinks

This morning I am finalizing my lists for what all I making next week for Thanksgiving. I have three different lunches to plan for and almost have my grocery list complete. I thought I would share my top five favorite dishes, desserts or drinks that I have either made before and have been very popular and some I plan on making next week.


1/ Pecan Pie Cheesecake. I will go ahead and say this is easily either the best thing I have ever baked for VERY close to it. I made this last year for my family's Thanksgiving and it was a HUGE hit. I am making it again this year for Kyle's side of the family's Thanksgiving lunch. Oh my goodness, my mouth is already watering. You can find the recipe here.


2/  Pumpkin Pecan Baked Brie. I also made this last year for Thanksgiving as an appetizer and it was delicious! Not only was it very tasty it was easy and beautiful. I love bringing pretty dishes to get togethers...please someone tell me I'm not alone on that. Side note- you can find brie at Aldi for cheap and it is fantastic! You can find the recipe here.


3/ Pumpkin Spice Dip. I got this recipe from Christina a few years ago and it is now a favorite go to of mine for parties. Easy, yummy and again looks so cute served up in a cute pumpkin. You can find the recipe here.

 Image Credit: The Cookie Rookie

4/ Apple Cider Punch. I have also made this for our Thanksgiving dinner before and the punch bowl was drained! 
1/2 gallon Apple Cider
1 qt. White Grape Juice
1 Bottle Sparkling Apple Cider
8 oz. Orange Juice
2 Large Apples, Thinly Sliced
Champagne (optional but recommended!)

 Image Credit: The Idea Room

5/ Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprouts, Cranberry and Pecan Roasted Salad. This is a new dish that I am making this year for my side of the family's Thanksgiving dinner. Since I am focused on getting fit and cutting calories I wanted to try to make something on the healthier side. Even though I know I'm still going to indulge this might help...a tiny bit...maybe. Nevermind that I'm also making five desserts. It looks great so fingers crossed its a winner! Recipe found here
There you have it, five of my favorite dishes for the holidays. What is on your menu this year or some of your tried and true favorites? Please share, I'm always scouting new recipes! Have a great weekend y'all!



 
 
Image Map

1 comment:

  1. The pie looks so yummy!!! Happy Friday
    Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete