> Image Map

Monday, June 22, 2015

Weekend Recap: Summer is Here & Father's Day!

This weekend was packed with lots of fun! It was the perfect welcome to summer! Friday evening I started the weekend with girl's night. The group of us that get together every month all went to high school together so Friday night we decide to throw it back and all meet at a local Chinese restaurant in our hometown. We used to eat there in high school all the time so it was so fun to go back. Afterwards I invited all the girls over to my house for drinks and dessert.
 
 Dessert recipes coming in a post tomorrow. Lemon and raspberry cheesecake cups and strawberry pizza, my word these were so delicious! Stop by tomorrow for the recipes.

 We may have even broke out the selfie stick...It was embarrassingly fun and of course all our pics were fuzzy. We're selfie stick amateurs.

All my father-in-law asked for, besides Blue Bell ice cream to return...ps how many of you are southerns and are struggling like we are without it?! Ahhh Anyways, all he wanted was lunch at Click's Steakhouse in Pawnee, Oklahoma. Pawnee is a little over an hour drive for us and since Kyle wasn't back from his trip to Canada yet my in-laws picked me up and I rode with them. We met my sister and brother in law, the nephews and my brother in laws family for lunch. It was great to see everyone and celebrate my father-in-law! 




After we got back that afternoon I ran a few errands and made a few father's day goodies and then Kyle got back. Since I had made the cheesecakes in the mini mason jars on Friday night I loved how they turned out. They are the perfect individual sized desserts so I wanted to try something else. I knew we would be spending the afternoon the pool at my parents for father's day so I put together jars with ice cream to keep everyone cool. I layered brownie with chocolate and vanilla ice cream and topped each jar with toffee bits and chocolate syrup. These jars might be my go to dessert now. I loved how I could put them all together the night before and just pull them out of the freezer when we were ready for them. Simple and everyone loved them, win win!  


Yesterday after church my family all met at my parent's house to celebrate father's day with my dad. We had lunch and hung out in the pool all afternoon, it was so nice just to relax and spend time with everyone. Kyle blew up my swan, 'Swoony the Swanny' for the first time this year and we had a lot of fun! I think my niece Jada really loved Swoony! I'm almost positive I now need this flamingo to go with the swan. We missed my little sister Caileigh since she was on her way back from her vacation. Happy father's day to my game day buddy, the best gardner I know and most of all the best dad, I love you dad and I'm so glad I got to spend the day with you!






Kyle and I ended the weekend with going to have some street tacos and watching American Sniper, which was such a great movie! If you haven't already seen it, I highly recommend it. We started it pretty late so I was worried about staying awake but I had zero problems it was that good. I hope y'all had a great weekend too! Happy Summer!

 
Image Map

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time with your family! All of the treats you made look so good!

    ReplyDelete