> Image Map

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Merriest of Days

As I sit here, three days before Christmas, I am starting to think of all the activities we have planned over these next three days. I'm praying that I wont rush through it. Yes, there will be schedules to keep and people to see but I don't want to miss the peace and reason we all truly celebrate this season. As I finish up with wrapping and we begin all of our festivities, I want to remember that this isn't what it's about.  The lights, the gifts, the decor.  It is absolutely nothing compared to the birth of Jesus.  The birth of the Savior.  Jesus didn't come so that we could make a festive holiday.  He came to save crazy sinners like myself  He came for the hungry and the broken and the sick.  He came to give hope and life and salvation.  Jesus Christ was born to give us what we could never get on our own.

Christ came so simply, so humbly.  His birth wasn't grand, it was quiet.  Christ came so quietly to do such a mighty thing for us.  I will never be able to separate the birth of Christ from the death of Christ because they are so tightly wound together.  Christ wasn't just born on that Christmas night.  Christ was born to die.  Let the magnitude of that sink in.  Christ was born for the sole purpose of dying on the cross for our sins.  The perfect Son of God took on human flesh just so He could show the world a Savior.  He took on human flesh just so he could die in the most awful way.  Christ was born so that His innocent blood could cover our sins.  I just can't get over that.  And I hope you can't either.  

Because of His blood, we have the opportunity to be renewed.  We have the opportunity to taste and know freedom.  We have the opportunity to show that freedom to others.  
 
 
 
"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17



Merry Christmas Eve Eve!
 
 
Image Map

1 comment:

  1. Love this! A wonderful reminder of what it's REALLY all about! I too want to slow down and really reflect on the true meaning of this season, Emmanuel, God WITH us!

    ReplyDelete