> Image Map

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Decking the Halls

It sure is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here! I’ve been decking the halls around our home these past few days and it definitely looks like Santa’s elves have taken over. The stockings are hung, the halls have been decked! One of my favorite parts of decorating for Christmas is when we get the boxes down from the attic and I discover all the new decorations and wrapping supplies I bought on after Christmas sale the year before. That alone is like Christmas to me!

It took me a little longer than it normally does to get the house and tree completely decorated but I can officially say, both are done! And both are so beautiful… at least to me!  I had mentioned in my post yesterday about our trip to the tree farm that we accidentally bought a larger tree than normal. Ok, way larger. It did not look that big at the farm with all the other trees around! We knew it was a little taller than normal at ten foot but I didn’t realize how tall it really was until we got it home. Once Kyle brought it into the house I immediately thought oh gosh how am I going to decorate it? I realize ten foot might not be too tall to some of you but ours was touching the ceiling and allowed no room for the topper. I was literally throwing ornaments to the top in hopes that they stuck! Luckily, Kyle brought home a ladder the next day for me to finish the top. After realizing the tree was so large, not only tall but wide, I didn’t have enough ribbon to do garland and just had to be OK with it because I was not buying more! Scrooge? Maybe a little but just about garland!
 
I stocked up on ninety-nine cent poinsettias this year on Black Friday and they have been the perfect touch. I also picked one up to say Merry Christmas and Thank You to my little sister for taking some Christmas snap shots for our Christmas card. I also purchased a fresh wreath for our house and for my parents' house. Even with a real tree I love all the fresh greenery and how wonderful our home smells. That is why I also bought fresh garland and the deer loves it...not so much my husband though!

I thought I would share a few of my favorite parts of our home right now with y'all...I apologize for the horrible pictures. I have not mastered capturing the beauty of Christmas lights and it doesn't help that I took these at seven PM. But, here is our home!


My OU mini tree, BOOMER SOONER!








I made this tree for my husband when we were just dating since I was sad he didn't put up his own Christmas tree. So, this is his mini hunting and fishing tree.


 
 
I love this time of the year so much! I hope that y'all are having an amazing December so far!
 
 
Image Map

2 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful. I love your decorations. The tree is especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete