> Image Map

Monday, June 16, 2014

Raspberry Brownies

 
I have been on a huge raspberry kick lately so when I was making desserts for Father's Day this weekend I knew one of them needed to include raspberries! I wanted to try a new recipe and also wanted something that was cool since I knew it was going to be a hot day by the pool. I picked these chocolate raspberry brownies and they were well, amazing! They seemed to be a big hit for my dad's cookout as well as for my father-in-law. 


Chocolate Raspberry Brownies

(Makes about 30 brownies)

Ingredients:
Brownie Layer:
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, melted
3/4 cup cocoa powder
3 cups sugar
6 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups flour
 
Raspberry Buttercream Layer:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
4 cups powdered sugar

Chocolate Layer:
2 cups milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup butter

Directions:
For the brownies, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and cocoa.  Add sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt.  Mix well and stir in flour without over mixing.  Spread in a greased 12x17-inch cooking sheet and bake  for 25-30 minutes.  Cool then put in the freezer for 20 minutes.  For the raspberry buttercream, mix butter, vanilla, salt, jam and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.  Frost brownies and return to the freezer for another 20 minutes.  For the chocolate layer, melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave for 2 minutes and mix until smooth.  Spread on top of the frosting layer and return to the freezer for another 20 minutes to set.
Recipe by: Six Sisters

 
I added a tad more raspberry jam to my frosting...because well I'm lovin' raspberries right now!
You will make sure and want to keep these in the freezer, they melt fast! Such a great and sweet treat, very sweet but so yummy!

You can find the recipe on my Pinterest, enjoy!
 
  
 
 
  Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment