> Image Map

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fit Works for Me

 
 
I've had a lot of people ask me lately what my normal workout/diet routine is, so in hopes this helps someone. Realizing everyone is different but this what has and does work for me. Also, please note that I am in no way an expert or claim to be on an expert's level. Like I said, this is just what works for myself and that's all I can speak for.
 
In January of 2010 I made a decision to live a healthier lifestyle. Not that I was obese or even considered "overweight" by the world's standards but I knew I wanted to drop a few pounds, tone up some and become more healthy. I joined a gym and I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app, on my phone and my world began to change.  I set a goal weight that day and have not forgotten that number. I was {sorta} obsessed with the numbers on the scale at this point.
Until that January I really had only worked out sporadically, definitely not on a regular basis. I began to count every-single-calorie I ate and logged it into the app. I was in the gym at least four days a week, part cardio and part weights. I didn't eat complex carbs at night and nothing with more than ten grams of sugar in it. I dropped eighteen pounds and proud to say I have maintained it.
 
While I am still using the app or the website, still in the gym four days a week (most weeks) or more and try to watch what I eat. I however, do not count every single calorie down to the pieces of gum like I once did and I have long thrown away my scale and only weigh in at the gym once a week now.
 
My workout routine has stayed very similar. I do part weights and part cardio but I have also adopted the LOVE for yoga, especially hot yoga. I have also found that going to different classes with friends or my sister helps keep me motivated. While I still have not reached my ultimate goal, I will and have not lost sight of it.
 
 
 
If you are looking for what works for you just keep trying different methods and routines until you find it. When you do, as long as its healthy, stick to it!
 
"It takes four weeks for you to notice. Eight weeks for family and friends to notice. Twelve weeks for the rest of the world to notice." Get fit!
 
 
 
 
Image Map

2 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to figure out what I like best, but I do find the combo of cardio and weights the best. I will pretty much do any kind of cardio that isn't running...yuck! R.I.P.P.E.D. so far has been the best cardio/weight training for me. We only have so many options in my small town. I started using My Fitness Pal. It definitely motivates me more and keeps me more accountable for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another FitnessPal fan! We need to find each other!

      Delete