> Image Map

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes

Monday evening I whipped up some St. Paddy's day cupcakes to share with friends, co-workers and family yesterday. I had seen this decorating idea floating around Pinterest and headed right to the store for a box of Lucky Charms.
 
 
I decided to go with a key lime cupcake and a cream cheese whipped cream icing...I never said these were healthy cupcakes! I cheated and picked up a box of Betty Crocker key lime cupcake mix but I'm a big believer in homemade icing. I just can't go back to store bought after I know how homemade is oh so delicious.
 
 
 
Ingredients
1 boxed key lime mix
(ingredients as shown on box: 3 eggs and vegetable oil)
Cupcake liners of choice
Frosting:
1 8oz package of cream cheese- softened
1 cup white granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
 
Directions
Make batter and bake as directed on box
Put your mixing bowl and whisk attachment that you will use for your icing in the freezer for thirty minutes.
Cream together sugar, cream cheese, salt and vanilla on medium speed until thoroughly mixed. About three minutes.
Slowly add your whipping cream and turn your mixer to high speed and whip until stiff peaks form. About five minutes.
I used a piping bag and large star tip to ice but you may use whatever is your preference.
Once your cupcakes are completely cooled you can began frosting.
Keep your cupcakes chilled.
Top with Lucy Charms right before serving.
 

And just because he is just too cute not to share, my nephew Cyrus showing off his green yesterday!

 
 
Image Map

1 comment: