> Image Map

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

What I Made for the Fourth: Festive Treats

I swoon over anything festive for holidays and try to make EVERYTHING festive. From the house, the food, the outfits...the dog. This year I kept it pretty simple and made Kyle and I a festive waffle breakfast, mini cherry and blueberry pies for the cookout and fun drinks to have poolside.

Mini Cherry & Blueberry Pies
 
 

Individual blueberry and cherry pies were perfect for the cookout. Festive but also small bites so people could enjoy multiple desserts if they wanted to. You can find the recipe I used here.
Patriotic Punch {Virgin but could be made into a cocktail by adding vodka}
Ingredients:
1.  Cranberry Juice Cocktail (this will be your something red)
2. Gatorade Glacier Cherry (something white)
3. Gatorade Low Calorie Glacier Freeze or Blue Raspberry *Make SURE it is low Calorie {G2} or it will not stay on top. (something blue)
Directions:
1. Fill your cups 1/3 of the way with the cranberry cocktail.
2. Fill your cups with ice.
3. Slowly pour the white Gatorade over the ice. This will help keep your two drinks separated. (I forgot to add my ice second so my white somewhat mixed.)
4. Finally, pour your blue Gatorade for the last third of the cup.
Perfect festive poolside drink!
 
 
Fun American Flag Waffles
I just topped Kyle and I's waffles with fresh blueberries, strawberries and bananas for a fun breakfast Sunday before church. Side note, these were not only cute but so delicious!
Did you make anything fun for the Fourth? If so, please share!
 
 
 
 
 
Image Map

1 comment: