> Image Map

Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekending


 My weekend started out a little late on Friday after a late flight back home but all in all I had a pretty fun and relaxing weekend.


Friday evening I literally watched the sun sink below the clouds at 33,000 ft up and it was pretty amazing and bittersweet as well. That morning I found out that a woman from my hometown lost her fiancé in a horrible car accident. He was her high school sweetheart, father to their four year old son and their son expected to be born next month. Her and her family have been on my mind a lot and of course in my prayers. So, that evening as I watched the sun set I couldn’t help to think the first day without her rock, companion, soul mate and her babies’ father was slipping away and how many more very hard days she will face coming up. Life is just too short.



Anyway, I returned home late Friday night and then spent the day Saturday with one of my best friends and some of her family. They have season passes to a local water park in Tulsa and I bought a one day pass just to spend the day having fun with her and her boys.


I hadn’t been to Big Splash since high school so it was a lot of fun but I had forgotten how really disgusting public pools are, eww! I am spoiled by my parents and in-laws both having pools I guess. Megan is 36 and a half weeks pregnant and honestly thought she was in labor Friday night. We thought for sure we wouldn’t be at the park Saturday but there is no stopping this girl, even in temps over one hundred degrees! She texted me early Saturday morning and said our plans were still in place and contractions had stopped. She’s like Superwoman, no but really she is!


Saturday evening her husband had put together a surprise early thirtieth birthday dinner for her. She is scheduled to have the baby a couple days before her birthday next month and with him more than likely making an early debut we wanted to celebrate now. Happy early birthday, Megan!

Sunday my husband and I went to church, out to lunch and just rested and caught up on chores to get ready for the week. Oh and watched several episodes of Keeping up with the Kardashians. No shame here!

Sorry for all the very grainy iPhone pictures. I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a wonderful Monday!


Linking up with B loved Boston!
 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment