> Image Map

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

DIY Super Easy Fabric Garland

Yesterday I posted about a baby shower I threw for two good friends this past Saturday in which I made super easy, cheap and pretty cute garland as a shower decoration. If you missed that post you can see it here.
I came across some festive Christmas fabric garland at a local boutique recently but I thought for the twenty five dollar price tag I surely could make my own for a fraction of that price. Then I realized how cute would it be for the shower and just HAD to make it. So, I want to share with you guys just how fun and easy this DIY garland is to make yourself.  
All You Need
- Fun fabric
- Twine, yarn, or even fabric to tie onto to.
- Tape
-Scissors 

I started out with buying a little over a fourth of a yard of each blue and pink fabric. Since one girl was having a boy and the other a girl I was sticking to the basic colors for my color scheme. Next time I would like to also throw in a printed fabric to match the others....I'm already trying to think of the next holiday or party I don't already have garland for, hehe.

Step One: I started by cutting one inch cuts into the fabric about every two inches. I definitely did not measure, I just had fun with it and kept going.


Step Two: I then ripped the fabric the entire width of the fabric and then cut my strips in about six inch pieces.


Step Three: I taped the ends of my twine down to the table to make it a lot easier to manipulate. Then start tying your strips onto the twine. I just did one knot and didn't make them super tight so I could move them around if I needed to.


Step Four: Once you have all your strips tied on to the particular length of twine/ribbon that you need you can spread them out as far or close as you'd like. 
Step Five: Hang your garland and enjoy!


This was so simple, it took me about fifteen minutes and cost me next to nothing. I already had the twine on hand so I spent a total of three dollars on the fabric and that was all. It was the perfect addition to the shower.
I am already dreaming of a pink and gold color schemed one...not sure what it will be used for but seriously the limitations are limitless!
 
 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment