> Image Map

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Among Airport Chaos

As I sit in the airport awaiting my next flight to Jackson, Mississippi aside from the thousands of people here and their germs they all have a story. Flying always makes me think about how God really does it. Flying above homes, businesses, farms, interstates and millions of people living their lives all while God is thinking and loving each and every single one of them or well, us. I get overwhelmed by just thinking of all that I have on my own plate sometimes, I just can’t fathom how God juggles it all. He is watching over that sixteen year old girl pulling onto the busy interstate in Dallas for the first time and the seventy five year old man with malaria walking the hot streets in search of clean drinking water in Haiti as well as the single mother struggling to make ends meet in New Orleans. How?! Isn’t our God simply amazing?

“The LORD himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.” Psalm 121:5  


The hustle and bustle of people scurrying to their gate to board their flight before it takes off with one thing on their mind, making the flight. We are worried about making that one flight or hoping our luggage isn’t overweight cause we have too much stuff all while God is just waiting for us to take that one second and talk to him or even stay quiet and just listen to him.

“God always speaks, one way or another, even when people don’t recognize his presence.” Job 33:14

Thank you God for the reminder today, amongst all the chaos, that I need to be still in your presence.
Image Map

2 comments:

  1. love this post!! i have never thought of it that way! have fun in mississippi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post gave me chills =) Could not have said it better myself. God is truly amazing and I feel blessed by Him everyday. Thanks a great and meaningful post!

    ReplyDelete