> Image Map

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Comparison as a Thief

Does anyone else realize and feel like sometimes you just need to step away and take a breather from social media? I find it easy, real easy, to get caught up in other people’s lives and start comparing my life to theirs. There are days I may hate my outfit and I’m not feeling pretty enough, or not feeling successful in my choices in life or even bummed that I haven’t been on an extravagant vacation in some time.  Then by just simply taking a stroll down Instagram I am suddenly feeling a little more down about those feelings.  So, while I feel like I have my life somewhat together and there isn’t a lot of reason to compare it is easy to do. 


I have recently just realized that often people’s lives appear oh so perfect according to their Facebook statues, 140 character tweets, blog posts or Insta pics but in reality things are completely different. Sometimes not so dramatic but it some cases shockingly different. I came across this article: "Overcoming the Fear of Not Being Good Enough" on another blog post {Sorry I cannot remember which one} but this just screams truth.  It is really hard to remember this as you see so many perfect lives portrayed online. Now, while trying not to feel bad that I may have not made a five course meal, finished three devotionals or ordered a dress in size tiny I am doing alright.

I am pretty proud of the woman I have become and the life I live for myself and while comparison is evilly sent by Satan I do live a far more wonderful life than what he would like for me.
 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment