> Image Map

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Strawberry Pickin'

 
 
Yesterday I mentioned that we went strawberry pickin' this past weekend. I've always enjoyed picking my own fruit but enjoy eating fresh local produce even more! It seems like every year I miss strawberry season and this year I was on top of it! We've had a ton of rain this spring in Oklahoma so some of the local gardens were rained out but most of them have an abundant amount of berries. We picked at Gibson Gardens if you are local and interested in picking your own.
 
I've given some berries away, we've had strawberries in some form with every meal in this week and I've got homemade jam on my mind and strawberry pies for Mother's Day to make. I know that some will be frozen for smoothies and protein shakes but that still leaves a lot of berries left! Anyone have a delicious strawberry recipe for me to try?
 
 
 
 
Image Map

3 comments:

  1. We love going Strawberry picking. They aren't in season yet around us but we can't wait to go again this year. Looks like you guys got some delicious ones! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shirt! Where did you get it? 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my canning books has a recipe for Nonsense which is basically meringue (whipped egg whites wiht a little sugar added) and some puréed strawberries folded in. It goes in a glass and is served like a mousse with one sliced fanned out strawberry . Very light and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete