> Image Map

Friday, May 5, 2017

Kentucky Derby Pie

 
One of the things that is towards the very top of my bucket list is to go to the Kentucky Derby. I've been dreaming since I was young of putting on a beautiful dress with a huge fun hat while sipping on a mint julep and cheering my favorite horse to the finish line! Since this isn't the year for me to fulfill that dream I just decided to make a yummy dessert in honor of the big race tomorrow instead. 
 
I spotted a recipe for this Kentucky Derby pie and thought well it's gotta be good enough for the triple crown of desserts because it is almost like a southern pecan pie but with chocolate chips! A must try in my eyes and this pie did not scratch in the dessert derby, so delicious!

 
Kentucky Derby Pie

Ingredients 
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
1 frozen pie crust

Directions
1. Mix butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
2. Add salt and flour, mix well.
3. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
4. Pour mixture into pie crust and bake at 325 degrees for one hour.
5.Let cool for one to two hours before serving.
6. Enjoy!
 



 
Will you be watching the race? Who is your pick? I think if I was at the Derby all money would be on Class Empire! But I do love Gunnevera and Always Dreaming. I hope y'all have a great weekend with your biggest decision being a margarita or mint julep!

 
 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment