> Image Map

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Divine Direction 3 - Trust the Process

If you haven't been around my little space here for a few weeks I have been recapping a sermon series we are studying at Life.Church, Divine Direction. You can read post one Power to Become here and last week's post, Wisdom to Discern here.

This week we covered how to trust the process while God is telling you who to become and while you follow that process and have the wisdom to discern while in the process. All leading back to if you have been asking God what you should do in life...he will tell you. Trust the process. 
Divine Direction - 3
Trust the Process
Sometimes you have to do things today that you don't want to do to prepare you for something tomorrow. 
"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23 I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace." Acts 20:22-24

When God, the Spirit, is prompting you, pay attention! These moments of prompting and following the prompt is also know as abide. Are you paying attention?

"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem..." Acts 20:22

Have you ever had a moment that you felt God calling you to do something you just did not want to do but you knew it was what God was prompting you to do? It is so hard to fight our own urges and follow his lead but it is always so worth it! I know in my personal experiences when I try to ignore these promptings life just seems so much harder!
Trust those nudges because certain is uncertainty. If you're not living with a little uncertainty, you're not living with faith. Trust those steps he is showing us and if we take them then God will continue to show us our next steps. 
"I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there." Acts 20:22

"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

He won't show us our next steps until we obey the previous steps he gave us. If you aren't ready to obey God you aren't ready to be used by the prompting of God. Man, how hard is that to hear?! Because often times it is not easy to obey but to be called out and to be told we aren't ready, that is tough. We have to trust God's process for us. Predictable resistance. 

"I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me." Acts 20:23

Our prayer should be our plan is not so much about the future, my plan is to be obedient today. Stop thinking so much about the future and focus on TODAY. Be obedient today and our future will be taken care of. God will never leave you or forsake you. 
"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying the good news of God's grace."  Acts 20:24
By doing the things we don't want to do today it is only preparing us for someday when we'll do even more than we want to do! It's not about you or I it is only about Jesus. It's not about making a name it's only about Jesus. 
Are you following the nudges that God is giving you?
View the complete sermon on Trusting the Process here. Also as I have mentioned in the previous series posts I am reading Craig Groeschel's book, Divine Direction which you can purchase here if you are interested. I am also doing the YouVersion Bible devotional Divine Direction and would love to study it with you!

 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment