> Image Map

Monday, January 9, 2017

Life Catch Up: Christmas Festivities

Well hello y'all, I took an unintentional break from my little space here and I'm back to catch up! My next few posts will basically be picture dumps but I of course want them here to look back on.
I want to share the few days leading up to Christmas and the memories we made. 
My parents took us all ice skating downtown and it was so much fun! I haven't been ice skating in YEARS so it was a blast getting back on the ice and trying not to bust it. Actually we all did really well and not one of us fell!


On the first night of my Christmas break we made cranberry moscow mules and decorated a gingerbread house. It was a great way to start the break!
  
This is a fun recipe to easily make festive and  they are seriously so good! 2 oz vodka {I used Titos} + 1/2 oz lime juice + 4 oz ginger beer + a splash of cranberry juice. Garnish with cranberries + sprig of rosemary. I love anything served in a copper mug really.
We went with our niece and nephews to visit Santa and to have dinner. Brecken wasn't a huge fan but it made for a great picture!

Merry Christmas from the Rays! This was our Christmas card that we sent to family and friends. We had family pictures taken at our favorite Christmas tree farm this year with Kyle's family. Oops, reminder...I will share some of those soon!


I made homemade Christmas cranberry bread for my coworkers to have for breakfast. I used this Pottery Barn recipe and it was so delicious! I just heated it up a little before serving since I baked it the night before and everyone seemed to enjoy it. 


I wore my fair share of Christmas pajamas this season but I may have also got Kyle and Haddock a few pairs as well. Yes, I'm well aware that I'm screwed if I ever have kids!

My mom and I went to celebrate Santa visiting my Grandma and all her friends in the nursing home. It was a fun evening and my grandma was more than thrilled for her new ruffled pajamas!

And lastly, we celebrated on Christmas Eve by pausing and remembering that Christmas is not Christmas without the baby in the manager that came to save us from our ourselves. 


Tomorrow I'm going to share our Christmas and then I'll be ready to move into 2017! I hope everyone is staying warm on this Monday!
 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment