> Image Map

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Casserole

Image Credit: A Southern Drawl
 
My husband absolutely hates when I make a very healthy meal so I will just say he was not a fan of this chicken broccoli quinoa casserole that I made. I got the recipe from Grace at A Southern Drawl and knew this would be a great meal for me to meal prep for the week. 
I thought it was pretty tasty for coming in at just 336 calories per serving and it was filling. Easy to reheat and to have for lunch through out the week as well.
Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Casserole
Recipe from: A Southern Drawl 

Ingredients
2 lbs Chicken, raw
1 1/2 cups of greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 12oz jar of roasted red peppers
1/2 cup of white onion, diced
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (I used Italian just for extra flavor and that's what I had on hand) 
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp oregano
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.    

Directions
1. Boil chicken breasts until done and then shred.
2. Steam broccoli and onions
3. In a blender, pulse greek yogurt and roasted red peppers until smooth.
4. Mix chicken, broccoli, onions, greek yogurt/red pepper mixture, seasonings, quinoa and half of the chicken broth in a bowl.
5. Spray a large baking dish with coconut or olive oil spray. 
6. Place mixture in baking dish and top with bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese and the other half of the chicken broth (this keeps it from getting dried out).
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.     
 Image Credit: A Southern Drawl (I failed at taking picutres of mine own)
If you make this let me know what you think! Also, if you have other recipes that you recommend for healthy meal preps, please share!
  
   

 
 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment