This week I've tried several new recipes and these zucchini fries were a yummy success! Are you looking for a healthy side option to throw into your rotation for dinners? These are perfect! I'm always on the search for different but healthy options and these will definitely be a repeat in our kitchen.
Monday evening I whipped up these zucchini fries as a side for dinner. I have seen several versions of these floating around the internet but this is how I chose to make ours.
½ cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
½ cup powdered parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. all-purpose flour
¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or use parchment paper to cover the bottom of the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper and flour. Mix together.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and slice in half lengthwise. Then cut each half into fourths. Then cut each of the long pieces in half again crosswise to make matchstick-type fries.
- Pour the milk in a medium sized bowl. Dunk the zucchini sticks into the milk and then dredge into the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the baking sheet in a single layer and repeat until all zucchini are coated.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
I served them with homemade ranch dressing for dipping. These were such a fun, healthy and delicious side. I paired them with grilled pork chops and a side salad. My husband loved them! Have you made these before? Or do you have another version, I'd love to hear!