> Image Map

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Overcoming Offenses

This past Sunday at Life.Church we started a new sermon series, Ghosts of Christmas Past. Last week's sermon topic was overcoming offenses. I'll be the first to say I am very easily offended. I'm just a very sensitive woman and let a lot get to me that I shouldn't. This sermon really spoke to me so I wanted to share in case any of my readers are so also easily offended and this could be for you as well.


Ghosts of Christmas Past: Overcoming Offenses
For many, the most wonderful time of the year isn't so wonderful. A painful past or our own insecurities can overshadow the joy we're supposed to be feeling. What if this year could look different? It's time to let God heal the Ghosts of Christmas Past. 
Your life is too short and your calling is too great to live offended. "A person's wisdom yields patience, it is to one's glory to overlook an offense." Proverbs 19:11

Whenever anyone has offended you, try to raise your soul so high that the offense can not be reached. I love this verse so much that I have it now saved in multiple places as a reminder throughout my day. 

With God's help you can get over being easily offended. "Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each others' faults because of your love." Ephesians 4:2

With God's help you can get over big offenses as well. "Make allowance for each others' faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others." Colossians 3:13

We cannot enjoy the grace of God without extending grace to those who hurt us. If I would've heard this quote alone and none of the rest of the sermon I still would've walked away loving the sermon. This statement is so very true.


If you are interested in watching the rest of the series in the next few weeks you can view them here at Life.Church.


Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment