> Image Map

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pumpkin Better Than Sex Cake

Last weekend I tried out a new recipe and it did not disappoint. I knew I wanted to make something with pumpkin but I also needed it to be semi-quick because it was a last minute dessert. I was taking it over to some family to enjoy while we all visited after my aunt passed away.  I came across this 'pumpkin better than sex cake' recipe. It. was. delicious!



Pumpkin Better Than Sex Cake
Recipe used from SomethingSwanky.com

Ingredients
•   1 box yellow cake mix
•   15 oz pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
•   1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
•   1 tbsp vegetable oil
•   8 oz tub cool whip
•   1/2 bag of Heath Bits
•   14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
•   Carmel sundae sauce

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  
2. Mix together the cake mix, the pumpkin puree (Do NOT add the other ingredients on the cake mix box), the pumpkin pie spice and the 1 tbsp of oil until a batter forms. (The original recipe did not have the oil, I added it to make it a little smoother and creamier.)
3. Pour the batter into a well greased 9x9 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Let cool completely after baking. Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
5. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, aiming to fill all of the holes. Refrigerate for 60 minutes or until the sweetened condensed milk has mostly soaked into the cake.
6. Spread the cool whip over the top of the cake. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours at least or overnight is best.
7. Sprinkle on the heath bits and drizzle caramel over top to your liking and serve.
 
 
My little sister has already requested I make this for Thanksgiving, it was a hit. Enjoy!
 
 

 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment