> Image Map

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Homemade Apple Peanut Butter Dog Treats

If you are new around this space then you should know that we don't have kids but we do have our fur baby, Haddock. Y'all, I can't even imagine how I am going to be when we do have kids because I'm already like "Haddock must have the best, no bad treats or food." I found myself standing in the dog treat section of Target reading the ingredients on box after box of dog treats. I refuse to feed our baby something I can't even pronounce. I know, total dog mom. Anyways, I hoped on Pinterest instead and found this great recipe for simple yet healthy treats for Had, apple peanut butter treats and they took me all of twenty minutes to make.
 
 
Homemade Apple Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Recipe used from MustLoveHome.com

Ingredients
•   4 cups oat flour, more as needed. {I made my own by grinding whole organic oats in my food processor for just about 30 seconds to make sure and leave the flour coarse}
•   1/2 cup natural peanut butter
•   2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
•   2 large eggs

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  
2. Combine the oat flour, peanut butter, apple sauce and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. If the dough is sticky add more flour until you are able to handle the dough without it sticking to your hands.
3. Transfer the dough to a flat surface and roll out to about 1/4 inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut your shapes.
4. Using a cookie cutter of your choice, cut your shapes. {I used a medium pumpkin and got about 20 treats}
5. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper or with a baking mat.
6. Bake about 20-25 minutes until the cookies are dry and starting to brown on the edges.
7. Cool completely on a wire rack and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. 







Haddock is loving his treats and I'm loving that I know exactly what we are giving him. I decide to make them festive as pumpkins and Haddock was thrilled to share with his cousin Sadie as an early Halloween treat! I hope your fur babies enjoy!
 
 
 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment