> Image Map

Monday, July 6, 2015

Weekending: Born in the USA

This weekend was spent almost entirely in the sun and in the pool or lake and it was pure bliss. I feel like I should recap all of last week since I was off work and it felt like a seven day weekend but I'll share more on my stay cation in another post. On Friday I left for Oklahoma City about noon for my friend Jessica's thirtieth birthday party. I got into town a little early so I could go by the hospital and see my friend Becca and baby Adah. After seeing little A I headed to Jess's party. It was a pool party so I was more than thrilled to just relax with friends and new friends in the water. 
 


 
 
Jess made watermelon jello shots and I thought they turned out so cute, I just had to take a pic! PS, I knew Laura, the girl in the pic with me, for about two minutes before this picture was taken. I said "These are so cute, I know you don't know me but lets take a pic cause they are just too cute!" haha  After lots of swimming, attempting to ride the paddle boat, cooking out and meeting new friends I headed back home. It was such a fun night and I'm so glad I got to be there!
 
 

Saturday morning Kyle and I headed out to Grand Lake early. We made a quick by the donut shop, cause what is a holiday without a donut stop!? Then made our way to the lake. He had a quick meeting with a few of his customers and then we met some friends and headed out on the water. It was such a fun day and we had an A-mazing view of the fireworks on the lake that night. Sadly, my phone died at about noon that day so I have one picture of the whole day, bummer! 
 
 
Sunday morning Kyle left early to his deer lease in Kansas. Yes, deer lease. Yes, it is July. Yes, hunting season isn't until October. Yes, he's crazy. Anyways, I was exhausted so I slept in some and then met my sister and brother-in-law for the late service at church. Afterwards I ran a few errands, grabbed lunch and then was back in the pool again. My nephew Brecken just got done with his first swim lessons so it was so fun to see him loving the pool this year. He's getting really good at understanding the whole kicking concept to swim. He also really loved eating the watermelon then throwing the rinds over the fence.

I ended the weekend and really the whole week getting ready to head back to work this morning. It was definitely a rough start today but I'm glad ok with having a routine again. I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!

 
 
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment